What is Modal
Modal fiber is a kind of cellulose fiber, which belongs to the same cellulose fiber as rayon and is pure man-made fiber. Made from European bushes, the wood pulp is made by a special spinning process. The Modal product itself has a good softness and excellent hygroscopicity.
- The raw material of Modal fiber comes from natural wood and can be naturally degraded after use.
- Modal fiber fineness is 1dtex, while cotton fiber has a fineness of 1.5-2. 5tex and silk fineness of 1.3dtex.
- Modal fiber is soft, smooth and bright, the fabric feels particularly smooth, the fabric is shiny and bright, and the drape is better than the existing cotton, polyester, and cotton. It has a silky luster and feels. It is a natural one. Mercerized fabric.
- Modal fiber has the strength and toughness of synthetic fiber, dry strength 3.56cn/tex, wet strength is 2.56cn/TEX. The strength is higher than pure cotton and polyester cotton, which reduces the breakage in processing.
- Modal fiber absorbs 50% more than cotton fiber, which makes Modal fabrics dry and breathable. It is an ideal close-fitting fabric and health care products, which is beneficial to the physiological cycle and health of the human body.
- Modal fiber has good shape and dimensional stability compared with cotton fiber, which makes the fabric have natural wrinkle resistance and non-ironing property, which makes dressing more convenient and natural.
- Modal fiber has good dyeing performance and remains bright and new after repeated washing, and it has good moisture absorption and good color fastness. Compared with pure cotton, it is more comfortable to wear, no cotton clothing is easy to fade, and yellowing is disadvantageous. Therefore, the fabric is bright in color and the fabric is stable in taking performance. After 25 piles of washing with the cotton fabric, the hand feels harder and harder. The Modal fiber fabric is just the opposite. The more it washes, the softer it is, and the more it washes, the brighter it is.
Modal is close to polyester strength (35cn/TEX), wet strength is slightly lower than cotton, soft and smooth, silky feeling, wet elongation is small, the fiber’s dry elongation is between cotton and viscose, it The wet elongation is similar to cotton, but less than viscose; the shrinkage rate is low, its good moisture absorption capacity is 50% higher than cotton, and the moisture absorption rate is extremely fast. The dyeing property of moral fiber, the absorption rate of the pigment is faster than that of combed cotton and carded cotton, and the absorption rate is high, the color after dyeing is bright; the gas permeability is good.
- Modal is a man-made fiber, which is more resistant to alkali and acid. It is less resistant to acid and alkali resistance than cotton. Neutral laundry detergent should be used for washing.
- Modal fabric has a large shrinkage rate. It should be washed with water when washing. It should not be soaked for a long time.
- Avoid exposure to the sun, should be dried in a cool or ventilated place.
- Ironing should be sprayed with water, ironing in the semi-wet and semi-dry state, and the temperature should not be too high.